Friday, February 10, 2017

Pow!

We had a wee snow storm here yesterday.  We call it a nor'easter and it came with high winds that blew all that snow around and generally caused all kinds of mess on the roads.  When it was done it dumped about a foot and a half of snow in my yard.  Thankfully, my office closed early and I was able to go home from work and ride out the storm in my stamp room!

There's a hero challenge at CASology which gave me an excuse to use one of my super hero-style stamp sets.  And I recently got some patterned paper that is all comic book themed so I grabbed that and made this card using the sketch from Sketch Saturday.



I love the way this super-girl is standing, arms akimbo, and with a determined look on her face.  She reminds me that girls can do anything!

Well, this girl is headed outside to finish shoveling snow then I'm off to work.  Duty calls!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  You're Super (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, Comic Strip (Papertrey Ink); Daisy (Avery Elle); Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Jet Black (Altenew); Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  You're Super die, Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things)

12 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, this is fantastic! I love this little girl superhero! Just perfect for our sketch! So happy you joined us at Sketch Saturday! XX

snappy scrappy said...

So cute!

Lisa Elton said...

A foot and a half ~ WOW!! You should have this super cute little super hero shovel you out!! Fun card Jen!!

Happy Dance said...

Perfect way to spend a snowed-in day! Our part of the world is snowless right now...weird for February! LOVE this superhero card, Jen. Your coloring is fabulous, and the starburst panel behind her is amazingly perfect for your design. Love this sweet, fun card. Be careful if you have to go out... hugs, Bev

Judy1223 said...

Well, that sweet image is a perfect super hero! Cape and everything! Great primary colors, somehow I always think of these colors when I think of super heroes! Thanks for joining us at CASology with this adorable card!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

So cute
I love this stamp -

Petra Swart said...

Such a cute super-hero ready to take on anything (even some heavy snow, hey!!!!!) or anyone!!!! Love that starburst panel!!!!
Hugz

Melissa said...

Such a sweet image, Jen! I love her look of determination too! Looks a bit like me DD (3-yr-old) when she's got her mind set on something. The perfect little super hero themed card! :)
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this card!! I so want this stamp set AND the Comic Strip paper!! And don't you just LOVE the wonky-stitches die-set?? Great job, and thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday!

Hannelie said...

Thanks for showing us how to add a couple of layers and still keeping it amazingly CAS!
Awesome card Jen!

So glad you played at CASology this week!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

super fun, love this! Thanks for playing at Sketch Saturday!

Kim S said...

Craft room in a storm - life is good!! LOVE this superwoman - she looks fabulous on your background of blues.